Welcome to the Formal Systems Laboratory (FSL) of the Department of Computer
Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). FSL was
founded in 2002 by Grigore Rosu, when he joined UIUC
(from NASA Ames).
In the FSL, we design and develop:
- foundational and theoretical models,
- specification and programming languages, techniques and methodologies,
as well as
- software analysis prototypes and tools,
all aiming at increasing the quality of computing systems.
Current Research Areas
You want to work on these topics? See Grigore Rosu’s list of Open Problems and Challenges.
- 2020-06-21: A General Approach to Define Binders Using Matching Logic was accepted to ICFP 2020.
- 2019-03-28: Matching mu-Logic was accepted to LICS 2019.
- 2018-12-17: Techniques for Evolution-Aware Runtime Verification was accepted to ICST 2019.
- 2018-11-09: Xiaohong Chen gave a talk on the paper A Language-Independent Program Verification Framework at ISoLA 2018, Cyprus.
- 2018-11-05: Xiaohong Chen and Grigore Rosu gave a joint talk on the paper A Language-Independent Approach to Smart Contract Verification at ISoLA 2018, Cyprus.
- All news