CS522 - Programming Language Semantics (Fall 2009)
Students enrolled in this class are expected to check this web page regularly. Lecture notes and important other material will be posted here.
CS522 is an advanced course on semantics of programming languages. Various semantic approaches and related aspects will be defined and investigated. Executable semantics of various programming languages and paradigms will be discussed, together with major theoretical models.
- Meetings: W/F 12:30 - 1:45, 1131 Siebel Center
- Professor: Grigore Rosu (Office: SC 2110, WWW: http://cs.uiuc.edu/grosu, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Office hours: by appointment, very flexible (held by Grigore Rosu in SC 2110)
Newgroups are now secure: https://news.cs.illinois.edu/
Next link takes you directly to the class newsgroup: Web Interface to CS522
Lecture Notes, Useful Material
The links below provide you with useful material for this class, including complete lecture notes. These materials will be added by need.
- The CHALLENGE Language - Example of a semantic definition of a complex language
- HW2.zip Homework 2 - due Friday, Oct 16, midnight, by email
- HW3.zip Homework 3 - due Tuesday, Nov 17, midnight, by email
- The K Language Definitional Framework
- Axiomatic Semantics
- Matching Logic
- Final Exam